Holy Trinity Ostrovoezersky monatery in Pavlovsky district
It was founded at the end of the XVI century by schemamonk Macarius in Gorbatov county of Nizhny Novgorod episcopsy nearby the village of Vorsma. From 1588 to 1743, several generations of princes Cherkassky were its builders and decorators. They built all wooden churches, and at the end of the XVII century — all stone temples as well as cell bodies and fence of the monastery. The monastery was eliminated in the 1930s: the monastery fence was completely disassemble, and two stone temples, Trinity and Kazan, were destroyed. On April 16, 2007 the first prayer service was performed on the site of the monastery. On July 3, 2008 George, the archbishop of Nizhny Novgorod and Arzamas, signed an order to «nun Iosifa (Egasova) to take care of reviving monastery» and blessed the sisters wishing to join the female community at the monastery.