Shukhov Tower on the Oka River
It is the world's only hyperboloid multicell power transmission line tower designed as a carrier grid shell. Its height is 128 meters. It is located in the suburbs of Dzerzhinsk on the left bank of the Oka. This tower is one of two high-rise multi-hyperboloid structures designed by engineer Vladimir Shukhov remaining in Russia; the second one is the famous Shukhov tower in Shabolovka in Moscow. Shukhov Tower on the Oka River was built seven years after the tower in Shabolovka, and it is recognized to be more perfect and worthy of inclusion in the World Heritage List by Western experts. The world's first hyperboloid tower was built by Shukhov at the National Art and Industrial Exhibition in Nizhny Novgorod in 1896. The principle of construction of hyperboloid towers was used by the engineer in hundreds of facilities such as water towers, power lines, towers, masts of warships. New hyperboloidal towers corresponding to Shukhov’s patent have been built in Japan, Switzerland and Spain until now. The tower on the Oka was recognized as a listed cultural property site according to Nizhny Novgorod oblast decree No. 204 from 20.08.1997.